Isn’t life rich! This week I went to a local networking event organised by our Wadhurst Parish Council. It highlighted that there is an amazing amount of diverse businesses out there locally that perhaps I wouldn’t have been lucky enough to meet had the event not taken place.
Here are just a few of the types of businesses that I had the pleasure of meeting:
- A rug designer that manufactures bespoke rugs and running for domestic and commercial properties. They can design rugs in any size, shape or colour to their client’s specification – www.annavrugs.com
- An award-winning, clothing company manufacturing for all out-door activity and opening a new store in Wadhurst very soon. Particularly interesting for my husband who spends most of his life outside as a gardener! – www.paramo.co.uk
- Revolution Tea who provide full leaf tea in traditional and exotic blends – www.revolutiontea.co.uk.
- A travel expert with particular experience in Canada, South Africa and Australia – www.southerncrosstravel.co.uk.
- Our local art shop owner who not only is a very talented artist herself, but is able to put client’s in touch with other artists who specialise in portraits, animals and frankly anything that you have a desire to be put into art – www.danihumberstoneart.com.
- An on-line business collaboration service where small business owners collaborate to grow, work together, share skills and gain support which is free to join, always good for small businesses! – www.abteamup.com.
- A PC Pal who is the answer to all of your computer related problems – www.pcpal.co.uk/wealden.
- An independent wine merchant who imports directly from the producers – always good to know where your can purchase a good bottle! – James Rogers & Sons.
- A plant nursery which not only has a wonderful selection but has a tea room too; a prerequisite for a garden centre these days and overlooking the stunning Bewl Water. Beals Barn Gardens.
- Mrs. Fix-it, a handy woman for property maintenance and repairs – www.mrsfix-it.co.uk.
- Pillaging the Past, a very talented blacksmith for traditional and ornamental ironwork – www.faircrouchforge.co.uk.
- Total Healthcare who help with sports nutrition, weight loss and skin care – www.healthyliving.gb.com.
- Wadhurst Manor Care Home which opened in October 2011 and is a specialist dementia care – www.barchester.com.
- Wadhurst Osteopaths who have a choice of experienced practitioners and are open 6-days a week – www.wadhurstosteopaths.net.
- John Whitehead, a massage therapist who is able to do home visits so when you have benefited from his treatment you can stay relaxed and avoid the journey home.
- Culverden Veterinary Group who treat small animals and horses – www.culverden.co.uk.